Operations - Import - Lombard, Illinois
Job Type: Full-Time
Company: Clutch Global Logistics, Inc.
Work Location: Blended (Remote 50% & In-office 50%) Office at: 555 Waters Edge Suite 150 Lombard, IL 60148
Basic Overview of Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the below functions.
- Coordinate with Internal Team to identify upcoming deliveries.
- Coordinate with Internal Team to assist with drayage quotes and RFP's.
- Strategically select carriers to meet needs.
- Develop relationships with carriers to improve service and capacity.
- Identify new carrier options.
- Process and handle shipments from Arrival at final Port/Terminal through to delivery and container return.
- Track and trace shipment progress.
- Coordinate deliveries with clients and/or client locations.
- Negotiate delivery rates with carriers as needed.
- Serve as the company's subject matter expert on drayage.
- Stay up-to-date on major market information associated with your role.
General Traits Needed for Success:
The ideal candidate will possess and display the below attributes.
- Positive Attitude - Maintains a good outlook toward work, coworkers, and customers; Displays excellent customer service and leaves customers smiling; Strives to affect others positively.
- Work Standards - Consistently establishes work processes to achieve a high level of productivity and superior results; Overcomes obstacles to finish the assignment; Accepts responsibility for all outcomes of one's work; Recognizes shortcomings and works to overcome and improve; Learns from failures but is not deterred by them.
- Managing Work - Balances multiple and often conflicting priorities; effectively manages time; Ability to multitask.
- Initiating Action - Acts proactively to solve problems even if they may not be directly their own; Develops new ideas and solutions without prompting; does not wait for direction; Identifies solutions proactively; Exceed job requirements.
- Decision Making - Able to operate in an autonomous environment; works well under pressure; Balances multiple and often conflicting priorities; Comfortable with asking for help; Uses logic to think through decisions; Consistently attempts solving problems/making decisions prior to seeking help.
- Collaboration - Works effectively in a team; Facilitates mutually beneficial relationships; Strives to achieve team goals; Able to put personal differences aside for the benefit of the team; Proactively offers to help.
- Building Trust - Dedicated to honesty; Hold to commitments; Earns the trust of others both internally and externally. Gives respect and compassion.
- Adaptability - Views changes and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; Has a positive attitude and overcomes challenges; Flexible and able to quickly and effectively modify to cope with work environment changes; Alters ineffective behaviors accordingly.
- Information Technology Fluency - Comfortable with most basic productivity hardware and software; Basic ability to manipulate, store, delete, copy, and move digital files; Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Experience of an Ideal Candidate:
In addition to the above, all candidates must meet the below minimum requirements:
- At least 2 years of experience in a drayage coordinating role
- Experience managing Drayage carriers, and Drayage cost/sells
It is preferred, but not required, that candidates have the following:
- Related professional experience working with CargoWise system
- Experience onboarding new drayage carriers
- Experience working in an FCL Department at a Freight Forwarder, NVOCC, or 3PL
- Potential for Individual Performance Bonus
- Potential for Team Performance Bonus
- Annual Corporate Sponsored 401k Contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Savings Plan (Traditional & Roth Plans)
- Health Insurance - employee and dependents PPO & HMO offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield (Majority Funded by Employer)
- Dental Insurance - employee and dependents (Fully Funded by Employer)
- Vision Insurance - employee and dependents (Fully Funded by Employer)
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance (Fully Funded by Employer)
- Group Life Insurance (Fully Funded by Employer)
- Various Additional Perks & Benefits
For company information please visit us at www.clutchglobal.com